Veterans discharged in 1954 and later can print copies of military discharge records from the website. Next of kin of deceased veterans or veterans discharged before 1954 can order copies from the Nation... More » Government & Politics Military

Navigate to the Veterans Service Records page of the National Archives website where you can submit a request for free DD-214 paperwork either online, by mail or by fax, as of December 2015. Request the DD-241 online usi... More » Government & Politics Military

Anyone wishing to obtain proof of military service must complete and submit the required forms available through the U.S. National Archives at Forms may be submitted via mail or through fax. Discharge paper... More » Government & Politics Military
similar articles

To access open military records, visit the Library and Archives Canada official website and search the online database in the Military Heritage section. All records prior to 1918 and records for soldiers who died during ... More » Government & Politics Military

Military personnel records become available in the public domain 62 years after a military service member’s discharge, retirement or death. A veteran can access his own records, and the next of kin of a veteran can reque... More » Government & Politics Military

DD214 separation codes indicate the type of discharge a veteran has from military service. The five grades of discharge used are honorable, general, other than honorable, bad conduct and dishonorable. More » Government & Politics Military

The United States Department of Veterans Affairs considers any person who served on active duty in the military and who was discharged under any circumstances other than a dishonorable discharge to be a veteran for the p... More » Government & Politics Military