Borax is toxic to dogs and should not be used around them. Borax is often used in pesticides and to get rid of fleas. However, it is harmful if ingested and can also cause skin irritation if touched. More »

Borax and other boron compounds are toxic to cats, although they are also sometimes used as flea treatments on cats. Borax and related compounds are insecticides. Borax has low toxicity when it is ingested, but it is sti... More »

Garlic is indeed toxic to dogs and has an especially hazardous effect on their red blood cells. It takes a rather high or concentrated dose of garlic to have a detrimental effect, according to the American Society for th... More »

www.reference.com Pets & Animals Pets Dogs

Pine cones are not toxic to dogs, according to The Daily Puppy, but it is not a good idea to allow dogs to chew on them or eat them. Pine sap and pine needles are toxic to dogs, both of which may be present on pine cones... More »

Borax is not safe for pets to ingest, but it is used in many topical treatments, including flea killers. Borax, or sodium borate, is commonly used as a detergent and pesticide, but it can be extremely harmful to pets and... More »

One remedy for addressing mange calls for a 1 percent hydrogen peroxide and water solution mixed with borax powder. For every 2 cups of solution, add up to 2 tablespoons of borax and mix. Use this to bathe the affected c... More »

Borax and other boron compounds are toxic to cats, although they are also sometimes used as flea treatments on cats. Borax and related compounds are insecticides. Borax has low toxicity when it is ingested, but it is sti... More »