Call the telephone number listed on the notice issued by the Internal Revenue Service to determine if a balance is owed, explains the IRS. As of 2015, contact the IRS at 800-829-1040 if a notice is unavailable. Alternati... More » Business & Finance Taxes Income Tax

The IRS Tax Help Line for individual taxpayers, available at 1-800-829-1040, provides information about prior-year tax returns and any account balances due to the IRS. This line is designed for taxpayers who submitted a ... More » Business & Finance Taxes

To find out if the federal government owes you money, search databases of individual agencies, as there is no centralized website of federal unclaimed money, reports Search or databases of indiv... More » Business & Finance Taxes
similar articles

The Internal Revenue Service notes that taxpayers can submit tax payments online through the IRS website, over the telephone and by check or money order through the Postal Service. Taxpayers submitting payments by mail m... More » Business & Finance Taxes Income Tax

Services the IRS offers over the telephone include ordering current year tax forms and getting answers to tax questions, explains the Internal Revenue Service website. Taxpayers may also listen to prerecorded answers to ... More » Business & Finance Taxes Income Tax

The IRS provides assistance with tax questions through a number of resources, including its website, telephone lines, and Volunteer Income Tax Assistance and Tax Counseling for the Elderly locations. Additional resources... More » Business & Finance Taxes Income Tax

Taxpayers can contact the Internal Revenue Service through the mail via a number of addresses found on the IRS contact page of the agency's website, where updated addresses are posted for local and federal branch offices... More » Business & Finance Taxes Income Tax