Web Results

www.reference.com/article/can-buy-borax-powder-d0032e4cb1dd5807

Find Borax powder in most major retail grocery stores in the laundry detergent aisle. Also, order it online through beauty supply companies, such as Mountain Rose Herbs.

www.reference.com/article/laundry-borax-7c8fb7930ddfdff3

Borax, also known as sodium tetraborate, is a naturally occurring substance that is produced by the evaporation of lakes. It is removed from the ground, then washed, dried and boxed for consumer use. Along with laundry detergent, adding 1/2 cup of borax to each load of ...

www.reference.com/world-view/can-buy-borax-uk-55e14f49c6582917

Borax is no longer available to the general UK public and has been classified by the ECHA as a "Reprotoxic Category 2". However, it is still available for commercial and scientific use. Despite this, there are a few UK websites still advertising this product online in d...

www.reference.com/article/borax-safe-pets-62796f8a27f1bcf9

Borax is not safe for pets to ingest, but it is used in many topical treatments, including flea killers. Borax, or sodium borate, is commonly used as a detergent and pesticide, but it can be extremely harmful to pets and humans if it is swallowed.

www.reference.com/world-view/good-substitute-borax-87ec900dad767186

Borax can be substituted by a number of natural ingredients, including vinegar, baking soda and coffee grinds. Many people substitute out Borax because of its harmful qualities.

www.reference.com/world-view/cleaning-products-contain-borax-7fcd1fc0c0902c

The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services' Household Products Database has listed numerous cleaning products containing borax, including Seventh Generation laundry liquid. Additional borax-containing products included Lysol All Purpose 4-in-1 Disinfectant All Pur...

www.reference.com/pets-animals/borax-toxic-dogs-d54cb83836bd9ac4

Borax is toxic to dogs and should not be used around them. Borax is often used in pesticides and to get rid of fleas. However, it is harmful if ingested and can also cause skin irritation if touched.