Web Results


How Do You Qualify for Welfare in Ohio? Eligibility for welfare in Ohio varies and is determined by many factors such as region, employment status, size of household and the applicant's ability to work. A key factor in welfare eligibility is whether or not the person can still work or is prevented from working due to a disability.


Ohio has three ways to apply for cash, food and medical assistance: You can apply online at Benefits.Ohio.gov.; You can fill out a "Request for Cash, Food and Medical Assistance" (JFS 7200) form and submit it to your county agency.


The Ohio Department of Job and Family Services, the agency that administers welfare benefits in Ohio, also provide some job training and job search assistance to qualified applicants. The eligibility criteria for welfare benefits vary from program to program; for instance, applicants who qualify for food stamps do not always qualify for ...


The Request for Ohio Works First, Disability Financial Assistance, Refugee Cash, Food Assistance and Medical Assistance is a four-page document that must be completed, signed and dated. If you cannot complete the document, you must provide the household's name, address, and signature to preserve your application file date.


Ohio Works First is open only to families with children 18 or younger -- 19 if the child is still finishing high school -- living in the home. If you're the guardian but not the parent to a child living in your home, you may apply for child only benefits on behalf of the child. Women at least 6 months pregnant also are eligible.


Check to see if you qualify for the Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP) or Percentage of Income Payment Plan Plus (PIPP) programs.. You can also call (866) 243-5678 to be connected to the area agency on aging serving your community to see if there are any local programs available to you.


How to Apply for Food and Cash Assistance Applying for food, cash and medical assistance through Franklin County is a several step process. Please read the following information carefully to ensure your application is processed as quickly as possible.


Ohio Works First Provides Temporary Cash Assistance Low income families with minor children in the home may qualify for temporary Cash Assistance through Ohio Works First. The program allows participants to get monthly payments while they pursue self sufficiency.


You can begin your application online at energyhelp.ohio.gov but will need to complete the application at your local Energy Assistance Provider. When you apply, you will need to complete the Energy Assistance Application (English or Spanish) and submit a copy of the following documents: a copy of your most recent utility bills


The Ohio Pathway card can be used at MasterCard member banks, ATMs and any retailers that accept MasterCard. How to apply. Apply online at Benefits.Ohio.gov or submit a Request for Cash, Food and Medical Assistance to your County Department of Job and Family Services . You also may file the application through your local Ohio Benefit Bank site.