Federal Section 8 rental housing assistance programs are managed locally by public housing agencies that determine eligibility. A person is eligible if he or his family's income does not exceed 50 percent of the median i... More »

www.reference.com Government & Politics Social Services

As of 2015, the elderly, disabled and families are eligible for section 8 housing if their income is not more than 50 percent of the median income of the city or county where they live, reports the U.S. Department of Hou... More »

www.reference.com Business & Finance Household Budgets

To apply for Section 8 housing, verify that you meet the eligibility requirements, fill out and submit an application, and provide all requested documentation. A face-to-face interview is also required. More »

www.reference.com Government & Politics Social Services

Renters can apply for rent assistance grants through agencies such as the Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher Program, state assistance programs or federal subsidized housing programs, notes HUD. They can also seek charitab... More »

Resources that may provide individual assistance with paying rent include government housing choice vouchers, federal government housing programs, state housing finance agents, local and state housing counseling programs... More »

Eligibility for Section 8 is determined by local public housing agencies designated by the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development, or HUD, and is based on income, assets and family size. Applicants mus... More »

Veterans can receive assistance with applying for and receiving Section 8 housing by calling the National Call Center for Homeless Veterans or by contacting a local branch of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. Spec... More »