Like most household bleach products, the active ingredient in Clorox bleach is sodium hypochlorite, a derivative of salt. Clorox bleach begins and ends its life as a mixture of salt and water.
Clorox bleach aids in the completion of multiple household chores, most commonly in the laundry cycle when washing white clothing and linens. Another common household use for Clorox bleach is the removal of mold and mildew from various surfaces, including shower curtain...
Clorox bleach can be used successfully as a weed killer. Care must be taken, however, to apply the bleach only to the weeds one wishes to kill, since bleach is likely to kill or damage any other plant it touches. It is also important to keep bleach from contaminating th...
Clorox bleach is harmful to the skin. It is advised to wear a pair of gloves while using this product as it can cause skin irritation, rashes and discomfort.
According to Clorox, wall surfaces and appliances can be disinfected with a solution of ? cup of Clorox bleach per 1 gallon of water. Wipe down the surfaces with the solution and allow it to stand for five minutes. Rinse the surfaces and allow them to air dry.
The active ingredient in Clorox bleach is sodium hypochlorite (NaOCl), a strong oxidizing agent used to clean, sanitize and disinfect surfaces and liquids, and to destroy pigments in stains and textiles. This is a powerful and potentially dangerous chemical which must b...
Inhaling Clorox bleach is dangerous and can lead to poisoning, especially if mixed with ammonia. Symptoms caused by inhaling fumes from Clorox bleach include coughing, gagging, delirium, and burns in the airway and lungs. If a person inhales Clorox bleach fumes, he must...