Raw rowan tree berries are poisonous as they contain parasorbic acid. However, if they are cooked well, the parasorbic acid turns into sorbic acid, which is not poisonous to ingest. More »

Raw rowan berries are toxic to dogs due to high concentrations of parasorbic acid. The raw berries are also toxic to humans, but humans can eat cooked rowan berries. More »

Raw rowan berries are toxic to dogs due to high concentrations of parasorbic acid. The raw berries are also toxic to humans, but humans can eat cooked rowan berries. More »

Also known as St. John’s Wort, hypericum berries are mild to moderately poisonous. In livestock, this plant is poisonous and can cause skin irritation, panting, confusion, anorexia, depression and an abnormal increase in... More »

Liriope berries, which come from the plant commonly called lily turf, can cause low toxicity when ingested but are not considered poisonous. The berries only react if ingested. Handling the berries cannot harm you in any... More »

Mountain ash berries are not poisonous. Many species of birds eat them. In addition, the berries are used to make jams, jellies, wines and cordials. More »

Honeysuckle berries only become poisonous to humans when ingested in large quantities; however, they can cause illness. Their toxicity varies on the species, which range from non-poisonous to mildly toxic. More »