When Transferring a Vehicle Title, How Do You Sign It Over to Another Person?


Quick Answer

When someone is transferring a title to another person they are supposed to fill out the information in the section that is titled "Transfer of title by Seller." The lower part of the title will then need to be signed by the buyer or receiver of the vehicle.

Continue Reading

Full Answer

When a title is being transferred between two parties, there is a fee imposed on the purchaser. The individual fee varies by the state in which the transfer takes place. Another form a seller should fill out is called a bill of sale. The bill of sale acts as a receipt for both parties and allows the local department of motor vehicles to recognize the transaction as authentic.

Learn more about Buying & Selling

Related Questions