What Should I Bring to the Van Nuys DMV?


Quick Answer

Services provided at the California Department of Motor Vehicles' Van Nuys office include applying for a driver's license or registering a vehicle. Documents required for a new driver's license include the completed application form DL 44, the applicant's thumb print and photograph, social security number, verification of birth date, legal presence or residency and payment of application fee.

Continue Reading

Full Answer

To renew the registration of a motor vehicle or boat, the applicant must have the last five digits of the Vehicle Identification Number or Hull Identification Number, a smog certificate if applicable and a renewal notice that shows the applicant's current address.

To transfer ownership of a vehicle, the applicant must present a certificate of title or application for duplicate or paperless title if the title is lost, the signature of the seller or lien holder on the certificate of title, the buyer's signature on the certificate of title, an odometer disclosure if the vehicle is less than 10 years old, smog certification, transfer fee, use tax and other fees. Any of the following are considered a basis for transferring ownership: sale or gift of a vehicle or boat, adding or deleting the name of an owner, inheritance or satisfaction of a lien (full payment of car loan).

Learn more about DMV & Records

Related Questions