Are There Replacements for My Car Door Rubber Seals?


Quick Answer

The rubber seals around car doors are called weatherstripping. It is common for the weatherstripping in older cars to fail and cause annoying leaks. Fortunately, weatherstripping replacement can be done by automotive repair shops or by patient do-it-yourself owners.

Continue Reading

Full Answer

Weatherstripping is available in factory-replacement and generic versions. While the factory-replacement style is more expensive, the generic versions may be of lesser quality. Before deciding which to buy, consider how long it will be before the car itself is replaced. Prior to removing any weatherstripping from the car, compare the replacement weatherstripping carefully to ensure it is the correct size and type for the particular car.

Learn more about Car Parts & Maintenance

Related Questions