What Licenses Are Needed to Be a Part-Time Driver?


Quick Answer

A state-issued driver's license is usually required to work as a part-time or full-time driver in most occupations. Persons driving certain types of vehicles may need to obtain specific licensing to work in those capacities.

Continue Reading

Full Answer

In most states, a Commercial Driver's License is required to operate large commercial vehicles including high capacity limousines, buses and semi trucks. Shuttle drivers, taxi operators and other commercial transit workers may have to carry special licensing and/or endorsements to comply with specific regional requirements. Individual companies may also require drivers to hold certain certifications or complete training courses. Since licensing regulations vary by state; drivers should check their state's DMV website for specific information.

Learn more about DMV & Records

Related Questions