What license do I need to drive a quad bike?


Quick Answer

The requirements to operate an all-terrain vehicle vary by state. Some states require a special endorsement on a state-issued driver's license to operate an ATV.

Continue Reading

Full Answer

In Arizona, Georgia, Illinois and Oregon, drivers must have an M-class (motorcycle) endorsement on their driver's licenses. In Arizona, this requirement only applies to three-wheeled ATVs, not quad bikes. In the states of California, Minnesota, North Carolina, North Dakota, Texas, Utah and West Virginia, no special endorsement goes on the driver's license, but an ATV-safety course or certificate, acquired through the Department of Motor Vehicles is required. In all other states, there is no extra qualification in addition to a standard driver's license.

Learn more about Vehicles

Related Questions