Where Can You Find a Used Volkswagen Thing for Sale?


Quick Answer

As of 2015, you can find a used Volkswagen Thing for sale on eBay, Hemmings Motor News, CarsForSale.com, ClassicCars.com and VintageVWCars.com. Other good resources to check are your local Craigslist website and local newspaper.

Continue Reading

Full Answer

The Volkswagen Thing, also known as the Volkswagen Type 181, is a two-wheel drive, four-door convertible vehicle that was produced for the West German military, and later for the public, from 1968 to 1983. It was available for sale in the U.S. from 1973-1974. It was sold in other countries as the Kurierwagen (West Germany), the Trekker (United Kingdom), the Safari (Mexico and South America) and the Pescaccia (Italy).

Learn more about Buying & Selling

Related Questions