Where Can You Take the CDL Hazardous Materials Test?


Quick Answer

The Department of Motor Vehicles administers the Hazardous Materials Endorsement Knowledge Test. Passing this test is one requirement for obtaining a hazardous materials endorsement to a commercial driver's license.

Continue Reading

Full Answer

The Hazardous Materials Endorsement Knowledge Test covers material contained in the hazardous materials section of the commercial driver's license manual. Each state produces its own manual, and drivers must take this test in the same state that issued the commercial license.

In addition to possessing a commercial driver's license and passing the test, drivers applying for hazardous materials endorsement must pass a vision exam and provide a medical clearance from a physician. Other requirements include a birth certificate and Social Security card.

Learn more about DMV & Records

Related Questions