How Do You Use StudentLoans.gov Website to Get Financial Aid?


Quick Answer

Use StudentLoans.gov to get financial aid by completing the FAFSA form at the FAFSA website, by requesting a paper FAFSA from, or by asking the school or college you'd like to attend if you can apply through the school. Parents and students must supply financial information when applying.

Continue Reading
Related Videos

Full Answer

When applying for financial aid, you are re-directed to the StudentAid.gov website where you register for access to the FAFSA form. From there, you're directed to the official FAFSA website, and you can then apply for financial aid. You cannot qualify for any type of financial aid or student loans unless you fill out the FAFSA form.

The information you need to apply for financial aid includes both your and your parent's income information, unless you are a dependent or graduate student. The program is set up in such a way that it is primarily your and your family's responsibility to pay for your college education, and dependent students are assumed to have the support of their parents. Parents of dependent students don't necessarily have to pay anything towards their children's college education, but it's just the concept around applying for aid. In order to determine whether you're a dependent student, there is a flow chart on the FAFSA website to help you.

Learn more about Internet & Networking

Related Questions