What Type of Plug Adapter Do You Need for Mexico?


Quick Answer

When traveling to Mexico, a Type A JIS C 8303/NEMA 1-15 plug adapter or a Type B NEMA 5-15 adapter may be needed for electrical compatibility, as of 2015. These adapters assist with either polarization or grounding of an appliance.

Continue Reading
Related Videos

Full Answer

The Type A adapter is used to change the shape of the blades so that they are the same size as the receiving outlet and the Type B adapter changes a 3-prong plug into a 2-prong plug for outlets that do not require the third round pin. In addition, standardization of the adapters is done by the National Electrical Manufacturers Association and many countries adopt these standards including Asia and China.

Learn more about Mobile

Related Questions