Some of the ways to troubleshoot a computer include restarting it, checking cables, running a virus scan, checking for overheating, seeking help and reinstalling the operating system. These common ways to troubleshoot a computer are likely help a computer function as it should.
Below are some of the things to do in order to get a computer running as it should.
- Restart: if the computer fails to load certain programs or keeps freezing, sometimes restarting it may solve the problem.
- Checking cables: when the computer does not come on or the mouse fails to work, it may be a good idea to check all the cables connected. If one is not connected correctly, the computer may not function properly.
- Check for overheating: when a computer is not correctly ventilated, the screen may keep freezing. To remedy this, put the computer in a well ventilated area and ensure to blow out dust or debris that may be clogging its fan vents.
- Seek help: if unable to solve the problem, try seeking help from a friend or a computer expert. Sometimes, the problem can be hardware related and may require someone with advanced computer skills to solve.
- Running a virus scan: viruses can infect a computer and corrupt certain program files. This can compromise the way a computer functions and the best way to solve the issue is by running a virus scan using the latest antivirus program.