Creating a calculator in Microsoft Visual Basic involves several technical steps that include starting with the Windows Forms Application and customizing it with text boxes, radio buttons and regular buttons. Users can create a calculator that performs basic functions with just a few of these beginner programming elements.
Basic Steps for Creating a Calculator:
- Open Visual Studio in Microsoft.
- Click "File" and "New Project."
- Choose the template "Windows Forms Application."
- In the toolbox menu, click and drag over four radio buttons and rename them "add," "subtract," "multiply" and "divide."
- Click and drag over two text boxes. Label them "userInput1TextBox" and "userInput2TextBox."
- Click and drag over two buttons and label them "calculateBtn" and "clearBtn."
- Click and drag over two labels and label them "symbolLbl" and "answerLbl."
Once you are finished, you have a calculator that you can code to perform various mathematical functions.