A user nickname on Apple's Game Center can be changed by editing the account information on a Mac or iOS device. Game Center, a gaming platform developed by Apple Inc., is available on Mac devices with an OS X operating system and iOS mobile devices, such as the iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
A user's nickname can be changed multiple times on Game Center. The steps in changing a nickname on an iOS device are provided below.
- Go to "Settings" and tap on the "Game Center" application.
- Scroll down and tap on current nickname under "GAME CENTER PROFILE."
- Sign in using the Apple ID.
- Change the current nickname by entering a new name.
- Tap on "Done" to save the changes and exit out of the application.
On a Mac device, a user can go to the "Me" tab, click on "Account" and bring up the "View Account" tab to change the nickname.