The Adobe Dreamweaver Teacher and Student Editions are the same as the normal programs, with a few legal limitations, but are still held as excellent pieces of software, according to ProDesignTools.com. Adobe does not remove the functionality of Dreamweaver, and allows both students and educators to purchase the program at a discounted price.
Some of the Student and Teacher Editions from Adobe are available at up to 70 percent off the original sticker prices as of 2015. The buyer must provide some sort of proof detailing what school he attends or is employed by. These programs are also used by elementary and high schools as well as students that attend universities.
Another facet that is included in any Educator or Student Adobe Edition is a discounted membership to the Creative Cloud. The Creative Cloud includes access to the Master Collection, which is a set of upgraded tools that can be used on the installed Adobe Applications.
Some of the limitations included in these versions are listed below:
- Each person may only purchase one copy of the Academic Editions per year.
- These editions can only be used on a privately owned computer.
- They cannot be resold.
- Academic status must be validated.
- They cannot be upgraded to future educational editions.
- The license cannot be transferred to other users.