The Documents folder along with Videos, Music and Pictures can all be found under This PC in File Explorer. Users can alternatively search for specific files in the Documents folder using File explorer's search feature.
To open File Explorer, formerly known as Windows Explorer, follow the instructions below.
- Point to the top-right corner of the screen (if the device has touchscreen capability, simply swipe in from the screen's right edge), then click or tap on search.
- Type File Explorer into the search box.
- Select File Explorer.
Once the File Explorer window is open, browse the locations on the computer, including folders that appear under Libraries by expanding This PC on the left pane. This PC is the equivalent of My Computer in earlier versions of Windows. To search for specific files and folder, follow the instructions below.
- After opening File Explorer, double click or tap the network, device, drive or folder location to be searched.
- Enter the search phrase in the search box immediately next to the address bar at the top-right corner of the File Explorer window.
- After executing the search, the results containing the search phrase will start to appear.
Selecting drive C will search all the files in the computer. Adding an extension (*.txt for example) will limit the search to a specific file type.