Some advantages of a word processor include its time saving ability, clarity, enhancement of document appearance, it allows sharing, allows synchronization and has easy spell checking. The disadvantages include the fact that a computer is needed, it may have too many options, requires computer skills, may be expensive and is prone to virus attacks.
Below are some details regarding the advantages and disadvantages of a word processor.
- Time saving - people can generally type words faster than they can write using a pen. This means they take less time to create a document when typing
- Clarity - word processors have fonts that help make the document clear or easy to read as compared to different handwriting
- Synchronization - people in two different locations can create a document through synchronization. This means both can edit and add content almost simultaneously
- Spell checking - word processors have automatic spell checking features that help in error elimination. They also allow for grammar correction in certain instances
- Expensive - not everyone can afford a computer which is essential in using word processors
- Need for powered computer - when there is a power black out, word processors cannot be used since computers require power to function
- Too many options - some word processors have too many options which make them difficult to use for those who do not have experience