Among the winners of UFC 159 are Jon Jones, who defeated Chael Sonnen via technical knockout in round 1, Michael Bisping, who won against Alan Belcher via unanimous decision and Roy Nelson, who stopped Cheick Kongo also in the first round. The UFC 159 event was held on April 27, 2013 at the Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey.
The UFC 159 was headlined by the light heavyweight championship match between Jones and Sonnen. While Sonnen was the initial aggressor early on in the match, Jones eventually dominated Sonnen to force the referee to stop the match at the 4:33 mark of the first round. The winner between Bisping and Belcher was clear as Bisping dominated Belcher in all three rounds of their match. The Nelson-Kongo match started off sluggishly until Nelson landed two right hands on Kongo's head which earned him a KO victory.
The following are the rest of the winners in the UFC 159 event:
- Phil Davis defeated Vinny Magalhaes.
- Pat Healy defeated Jim Miller, but this was soon overturned after Healy tested positive for a banned substance.
- Rustam Khabilov defeated Yancy Medeiros.
- Ovince St. Preux defeated Gian Villante.
- Sara McMann defeated Sheila Gaff.
- Bryan Caraway defeated Johnny Bedford.
- Cody McKenzie defeated Leonard Garcia.
- Steven Siler defeated Kurt Holobaugh.