As of February 2015, membership with the National Rifle Association, or NRA, comes with discounts at businesses such as White Owl Optics, A Stone Wall Inn, AVG Antivirus, Herbalife and Premium Automotive Group. Some discounts are through nationwide companies and others are location specific.
The NRA was formed in 1871 by Colonel William Church and General George Wingate. The goal of the association is training, education and marksmanship. In addition to learning about and training with firearms, members of the NRA enjoy numerous discounts with a variety of different companies. These businesses support the NRA and the rights of American citizens to bear arms, as stated in the Second Amendment.
Some nationwide discounts offered to NRA members are:
- Five percent off a purchase from White Owl Optics. This retailer is located in Las Vegas and is a supplier of rifle scopes, red dot sights and other accessories.
- A Stone Wall Inn offers a 20 percent discount to any NRA member that books a stay online.
- A 10 percent discount is offered to NRA members by AVG Antivirus on any service offered by the company.
- The popular nutrition company Herbalife gives NRA members a 20 percent discount on all products. Some examples are weight management and personal care products.
- A 10 percent off any product from Premium Automotive Group. The company offers car care products and auto detailing supplies.