As of December 18, 2013, CenturyLink Field, home of the Seattle Seahawks, is top among the 10 loudest NFL stadiums. Running a close second is the Kansas City Chief's Arrowhead Stadium.
Also among the top 10 stadiums for devastating decibels are:
- RCA Dome: the former home of the Indianapolis Colts
- Superdome: home of the New Orleans Saints
- The Metrodome: former home to the Minnesota Vikings and MLB's Twins.
- Gillette Stadium: the home field of the New England Patriots
- Lambeau Field: historic home of the Green Bay Packers
- Cowboys Stadium: the brand new playing field of the Dallas Cowboys
- Invesco Field: home of the Denver Broncos
- FedEx Field: home of the Washington Redskins
Fans of pro football are sometimes referred to as the 13th man, due to crowd noise levels sometimes causing distraction for visiting quarterbacks.