Throughout history the Giants logos have been linked to three distinct concepts: a "giant" football player throwing a pass, the word "Giants" and variations of the initials for New York. Since 1945 the New York Giants have had seven different logos.
From 1945 to 1949, the logo for the team was an illustration of a football player on an orange circle, with the New York City skyline behind the player's legs. The logo had somewhat transformed by 1950 to a red circle with the player and skyline becoming a white and blue silhouette. Each logo also had the wordmark "NEW YORK FOOTBALL GIANTS" in white.
From 1956 to 1960, the New York Giants logo took on an entirely new look, leaving the circle and words completely out. The new logo had a quarterback towering over the Yankee Stadium preparing to throw a pass. Yankee Stadium was also the home of the New York Giants from 1956 till 1973.
After 1960, the logo took another drastic turn and became a stylized blue lowercase "ny" placed on either side of the team's helmets. In 1975, the lettered logo switched to uppercase with the addition of white to the blue logo. The logo from 1975 only lasted one year before the word "GIANTS" in blue, outlined in red, replaced it as the logo for the football team. This change came about because the team had moved its operations to the Meadowlands in New Jersey. The current logo for the team came about in 2000 and is the same as the logo from 1960 except that the letters are also outlined in red.