The fastest player in the English Premiership, or the Premier League, is Everton's Phil Jagielka. He has been recorded running at 22.36 miles per hour. The second and third fastest are Leicester City's Ritchie de Laet and Joe Ledley from Crystal Palace respectively.
The computer games manufacturer EA Sports tracks every player in the Premier League. One of the things that they record is speed. They released the data in October 2014 listing the top 10 fastest players in the competition. This was based on the top speed they recorded during a match in the opening months of the season.
Jagielka, a defender, tops the list, but only just. The full list of the 10 fastest players in the Premier League is below:
- Phil Jagielka from Everton at 22.36 miles per hour
- Ritchie de Laet from Leicester City at 22.33 miles per hour
- Joe Ledley from Crystal Palace at 22.31 miles per hour
- Steven Nzonzi from Stoke City at 22.26 miles per hour
- Connor Wickham from Sunderland at 22.25 miles per hour
- Mohamed Diame from Hull City at 22.17 miles per hour
- Alan Hutton from Aston Villa at 22.08 miles per hour
- Nathan Dyer from Swansea at 22.08 miles per hour
- Craig Gardner from West Brom at 22.05 miles per hour
- Joey O'Brien from West Ham at 22.03 miles per hour