Some cheap kayak racks include the Sherpak Deluxe No-Skid Kit, TMS J-Bar Racks and the Malone Big Foot Pro, according to Amazon. Kayakers can find racks suitable for cars or larger vehicles.
These are some cheap kayak racks that enthusiasts can pick up in-store or buy online, according to Dick's Sporting Goods. Prices are as of August 2015 and subject to change.
- Yakima Universal Foam Blocks: At about $50, this kit is very affordable for short trips. Four foam blocks with hooks and tie downs are enough to secure a kayak or canoe to the roof of a car.
- Attwood Car-Top Kayak Carrier Kit: Those with cars can use this affordable $20 kit for their kayaks. This kit comes with supporting foam blocks and straps with adjusting buckles and clips.
- Thule Get-A-Grip Rack: These $70 racks work with the One Key locking system, but the lock is not included. It is multipurpose, and considered ideal for paddles, oars and masts.
- Malone Big Foot Pro Canoe Rack: Useful for a canoe or kayak, this $90 rack includes tie-downs and buckle straps. The Universal fit JAWS mounting hardware works with round, square and oval rails.
- TMS J-Bar Racks: Inexpensive $40 racks from TMS are a good option when looking for secure support of a kayak. The bars are padded and hold boats at a diagonal angle.
- Sherpak Deluxe No-Skid Kayak Kit: At $40, this kit is a good choice for cars and SUVs. It includes two large curved foam blocks to hold kayaks securely in place, along with the necessary buckles and straps.