Q:

What is vanadium (III) selenide?

A:

Quick Answer

Vanadium(III) selenide is a chemical compound represented by the molecular formula V2Se3. It is composed of two atoms of the element vanadium, designated by the elemental symbol V, and three atoms of selenium, which is represented by the symbol Se.

Continue Reading

Full Answer

One molecule of vanadium(III) selenide has a molar mass of about 338.76 grams per mole, 30.07 percent of which comes from vanadium, with the remaining 69.93 percent of the mass belonging to the selenium atoms. Selenium is a non-metal element that is part of the chalcogens grouping on the periodic table. It is not commonly found in nature. Vanadium can be found in mineral deposits.

Learn more about Chemical Equations

Related Questions

Explore