Q:

What are some MSDS facts about isopropyl alcohol?

A:

Quick Answer

Material safety data sheet facts about isopropyl alcohol include that it is flammable, and inhaling the vapors can cause dizziness, drowsiness, lung damage and death, according to Fisher Scientific. Isopropyl alcohol targets the central nervous system, produces depression and irritates the respiratory tract, eyes and skin.

Continue Reading

Full Answer

Consuming isopropyl alcohol irritates the stomach and causes diarrhea, vomiting, nausea and kidney damage, states Fisher Scientific. A individual who takes in about 20 milliliters can become poisoned, and about 240 milliliters can cause death. When an individual inhales or ingests isopropyl alcohol, seek emergency medical help, do not induce vomiting, and if it occurs, lean the individual forward. In cases of skin or eye contact, flush the affected area with large amounts of water, and seek medical attention.

Learn more about Solutions & Mixtures

Related Questions

Explore