Some of the main causes of pollution include industrial emissions, poor disposal of wastes, mining, deforestation, use of fossil fuels and agricultural activities. Pollution can affect the air, the land and water bodies throughout the world.
Human beings largely depend on their environment for survival and that is why it is highly encouraged that each one avoids activities that may cause pollution. Below are some of the major causes of pollution.
- Mining: when mining activities take place, heavy machinery causes a release of dust and other fumes into the atmosphere. This may result in toxicity of air within the region.
- Agricultural activities: human beings rely on agriculture for food. However, certain agricultural activities like spraying of chemicals to get rid of parasites may end up causing pollution to the air.
- Poor waste disposal: poor waste disposal is regarded as one of the major causes of pollution because it is widely practiced. Both industries and individual human beings contribute to this cause.
- Industrial Emissions: in the process of creating products to be used for various issues, industries end up emitting large quantities of toxic wastes and fumes which end up causing pollution.
- Fossil fuels: petroleum and coal are among some of the leading causes of fossil fuel pollution.