Q:

Is lead (II) sulfate soluble in water?

A:

Quick Answer

Lead (II) sulfate, or PbSO4, is only partially soluble in water. For every 100 milliliters of water, a mere 0.0404 grams of PbSO4 gets dissolved.

Continue Reading

Full Answer

Lead (II) sulfate is also partially soluble in diluted hydrogen chloride and nitric acid. It is soluble in sodium hydroxide and ammonium acetate. Lead (II) sulfate, like all lead compounds, is toxic to humans. It is readily absorbed by the skin and can cause injury to the central nervous system and birth defects. Ingesting large quantities of lead (II) sulfate can cause seizures, coma and even death. It is most commonly found in the terminals of depleted car batteries.

Learn more about Solutions & Mixtures

Related Questions

Explore