How Do You Dissolve Copper Sulfate?

How Do You Dissolve Copper Sulfate?

The National Pesticide Information Center states that copper sulfate can be dissolved in water. Copper sulfate is a soluble inorganic salt, so its ions dissociate in water.

Copper sulfate has been used as a herbicide, a root killer, an algaecide and a fungicide in non-agricultural and agricultural settings. It is used as a molluscicide and an antimicrobial. While excessive exposure to copper salts, including copper sulfate, is toxic, copper is an essential mineral for humans, and the general recommended dietary allowance for copper is 900 micrograms per day for adults. Copper is found in water, in foods and in the environment.