In terms of an electrical shock, alternating current, or AC, is considered to be more dangerous than direct current, or DC. Electrocution coming from an AC source reduces the skin's natural resistance to electrical current, which can cause severe injuries or even prove fatal. DC is said to be four or five times less damaging compared to AC.
A person that gets electrocuted may experience nervousness or heart failure, extreme heat that often leads to burning of the skin and intense muscle contraction. The severity of the damage depends on the AC frequency. The most dangerous frequency is known be around 60 Hertz. A 25-volt AC at 60 cycles can result in death.