How Do You Convert MBH to BTU?
MBH can be converted to BTU by multiplying by 1,000. MBH is equivalent to 1,000 BTUs/hour, according to a conversion table provided by UNC Chapel Hill. BTU stands for British Thermal Units.
BTU is often used in the heating and housing industry to describe rates of heating and cooling when using natural gas. One BTU represents the amount of energy needed to raise 1 pound of water by 1 degree Fahrenheit. One MBH is equivalent to approximately 0.293071 kilowatts.
Some common household appliances and their average energy usage rates are:
- A two-tier roasting oven: 51 MBH = 51,000 BTU/hour
- Double oven range: 390 MBH = 390,000 BTU/hour
- Clothes dryer: 35 MBH = 35,000 BTU/hour
- Washing machine: 20 MBH = 20,000 BTU/hour
- Gas log fireplace: 80 MBH = 80,000 BTU/hour
- 50-gallon water heater: 50 MBH = 50,000 BTU/hour