What Are Some Characteristics Shared by All Living Organisms?
Last Updated Apr 9, 2020 2:37:31 AM ET
There are seven basic characteristics shared by all living organisms, with one being that all living things reproduce. Another characteristic is the use of energy.
- All living things grow. This growth is due to cell division or the growth of cells.
- All living things adapt to their environment in one way or another in order to survive.
- All living things have molecular and cellular organizational structures. For instance, they organize cells at different levels such as tissue and organs.
- Living things change in response to their environment. Similar to adaption, they change behaviors and responses to match their surroundings.
- Everything living thing is made up of cells. There are two main types of living things, multicellular organisms and single-cell organisms.
More From Reference
What Is Coca-Cola's Target Market & Marketing Strategy?
Unscramble My Words: Best Word Games For Those Who Want to Stay Mentally Fit
What Characteristics Distinguish Modern Drama From Traditional Drama?
What Does It Mean When You See An Owl In Daytime? Owl Symbolism & Meanings
What Is Aristocracy? Aristocratic Advantages & Disadvantages
What Do Stars Symbolize? Types of Star Symbols & Their Meanings