Q:

Can Saturn support human life?

A:

Quick Answer

The planet Saturn cannot support human life. Because of a combination of temperature and atmosphere, humans cannot live on Saturn.

Continue Reading

Full Answer

Saturn's temperature can dip down to -301 degrees Fahrenheit. The atmosphere is made up of 96 percent hydrogen and the other 4 percent is mostly helium. Saturn is made of gasses, so it doesn't have a solid surface. Other features of the gas planet are strong winds of up to 1,000 miles per hour and pressure that would make humans feel as if they were two miles below the ocean.

Saturn's seven rings are made up mostly of gasses and dust and can only be seen from Earth with a telescope. It is the lightest planet in the solar system, and one day on Saturn equals 10.3 Earth hours.

Learn more about Planets

Related Questions

Explore