Cadmium sulfate is an inorganic salt that is also a weak acid. This inorganic compound is soluble in water and is composed of cadmium, sulfur and oxygen atoms.
Physically, this compound is a solid and white in color. When cadmium sulfate reacts with water, the result is a solution with a ph value less than 7.0 and moderate concentrations of hydrogen ions. Some hazards are associated with this compound. Breathing in a sufficient amount of cadmium sulfate may result in coughing, headaches or constriction of the chest. Ingestion may lead to vomiting and diarrhea. Toxic fumes may result from a fire.