Mange in dogs and cats is caused by parasites, which are sometimes treated with Ivomec. According to the Daily Med, Ivomec is better used on cattle and is not considered a safe parasite and mange treatment for dogs.
Ivomec was developed by Merck Research Laboratories to treat and control various parasites, including mites, roundworms and lice. Although some people have used the medication on dogs, the drug has sometimes resulted in adverse reactions when applied on dogs.
The Animal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (ASPCA) says that dog mange is caused by various species of mites. The best way to rid an animal of these disease-causing mites is to treat them with a topical or oral medication as prescribed by a veterinarian.