How long is the small intestine of a fetal pig?


Quick Answer

The small intestine of a fetal pig can be as long as 12 feet long when it is separated from the mesentery. Within the small intestine, food is digested and absorbed.

Continue Reading

Full Answer

The small intestine lies within the abdominal cavity and carries food to the large intestine, which then carries it to the rectum and out of the body through the anus. The small intestine accounts for 90 percent of the digestion and absorption of foods; the other 10 percent occurs in the stomach and large intestine. The main function of the small intestine is to absorb the nutrients and minerals from food.

Learn more about Barnyard Mammals

Related Questions