One natural dog biscuit recipe contains ingredients such as corn flour, peanut butter and eggs to create a healthy biscuit dogs love. This recipe can be whipped up in less than an hour.
Sparky's Doggie Treats
If corn flour is not available, substitute an extra cup of all-purpose flour to make these tasty, crunchy dog biscuits.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Ready in: 1 hour 35 minutes
Yield: 100 small treats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup corn flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup water
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- Preheat the oven to 375 F. Lightly grease two cookie sheets.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, cornmeal and corn flour.
- In a small microwave-safe dish, add the peanut butter and cook until it becomes a liquid.
- Add the egg, water and oil into the peanut butter and stir into the flour mixture. Stir until a stiff dough forms.
- Roll out the dough on a floured surface and cut into the desired shapes.
- Place the cut biscuits on the cookie sheets and bake from 10 to 12 minutes or until they turn golden brown.
- Allow the cooked biscuits to cool for 5 minutes on the cookie sheets before removing to a wire rack. Allow to cool for one hour or until completely cooled. Store in an airtight container.