Some cute breeds of puppies include the Brussels Griffon, Pomeranian, Japanese Chin, Chihuahua and the Yorkshire Terrier, notes Vet Street. These breeds also stay small and cute even after they become adults.
Everyone loves cute puppies, but sometimes what seems like a petite pup can become a surprisingly large dog. Ensure that new pet stays small, by selecting from a few breeds known to be less than 15 lbs. when they reach maturity.
- Brussels Griffon: The smooth or rough-coated Griffon is a mischievous yet charming little dog that enjoys walks and playing.
- Pomeranian: Bright eyed and outgoing, poms are also known for foxlike features, a thick undercoat, pointed ears and curled tail.
- Japanese Chin: A little shy around strangers, the chin's true nature as an entertainer comes out for the family. It is hard not to love this dog's fluffy tail and silky coat.
- Chihuahua: Protective of their homes, Chihuahuas tends to bark a lot at newcomers. Their large, round eyes, doll-like features and long or short coats make it worthwhile to have this adorable cutie.
- Yorkshire Terrier: Elegant and perfect for those who like to spend extra time on grooming, this terrier has long golden brown and blue hair. They are explorers, both indoors and out.
- Toy American Eskimo: Not a true Eskimo dog, the Toy American Eskimo still resembles their namesakes enough to look like adorable, white balls of fluff with pointed ears.