Will Advil Kill My Dog?

Advil is a brand name for ibuprofen, which can kill dogs even in small doses. For dogs who are medium-sized or smaller, even a single pill can cause life-threatening damage to internal organs.

Advil should never be given to pets intentionally. If the dog accidentally eats Advil, it needs immediate veterinary attention. According to Vetstreet, immediately inducing vomiting may prevent the medication from being absorbed into the body. Symptoms of ibuprofen toxicity include vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain and loss of appetite. The dog's gums may turn pale due to blood loss. Large doses can cause seizures and coma. If left untreated, ibuprofen toxicity can cause kidney failure and stomach perforations.