Some interesting facts about the number 10 include the Korean alphabet has 10 vowels, Virginia was the 10th state to enter the Union and the metric system is based on the number 10. In England, a person can be convicted of a criminal offense at the age of 10 and can receive a life sentence if found guilty of murder.
The number 10 is an even natural number, and it is one of the most common numbers in the United States. It is possible that this is because there are 10 digits, or fingers, on both hands.
There are many different fun facts that stem from this number.
- A $10 bill is also known as a "sawbuck."
- Ten-ball is a billiard game played with 10 balls.
- Franklin Roosevelt is the President on the dime.
- John Tyler was the 10th President of the United States, after William Harrison died from pneumonia. The 10th elected President was James Polk.
- The traditional 10th anniversary gift is tin, while the modern gift for the 10th anniversary is diamonds.
- The atomic number of neon is 10.
- The Ten Commandments are ethical and religious principles in both Christianity and Judaism.
- The end zones in American football are 10 yards deep.
- In "The Twelve Days of Christmas," there are 10 lords a-leaping.