Wooden patio deck ideas include built-in seating, rooftop oasis, staggered levels, wide stairs and shady pergolas. Wooden patio decks can incorporate multiple elements to suit the homeowner's needs for the area.
When building a deck, think about how it is going to be used. Homeowners want to take a look at plenty of ideas for inspiration.
- Built-in seating: A deck with built-in benches along the walls provides plenty of room for everyone to sit.
- Rooftop oasis: In the city or a lot with no yard space, turn the roof top into a nice outside space.
- Staggered levels: Create a large deck with multiple levels for an impressive back yard. Each level can have a different purpose from seating to grilling to a potted garden area.
- Wide stairs:A small deck with a few wide, deep stairs that descend to the patio adds some visual interest. The stairs can also serve as a place to put decorative items and potted plants.
- Shady pergolas: Build a pergola roof over a deck in a yard that lacks shade providing trees. The pergola provides some cover without completely blocking the sun.
- Multi-Tone Designs: Make a simple deck interesting by creating a multi-tone design. Stain the deck in different shades for a geometric pattern, or alternate decking in different shades.