Use a soft brush to vacuum loose spores on the furniture, then dip a cloth in diluted dishwashing detergent and wipe the affected area. Another way to remove mold is to spray vinegar on the affected area, let it sit for an hour, then wipe clean and allow to dry.
Mold flourishes in warm, damp, poorly lit areas that have poor air circulation. Under the right conditions, mold will grow within 24 to 48 hours. If left untreated, it can destroy valuable household items and also cause respiratory diseases. High-risk areas of the house include the basement, kitchen, and bathroom. To prevent mold from growing in the house, keep the house clean, dry and well-lit.