What Type of Transformer Is Require to Increase Line Voltage From 208 to 240?


Quick Answer

A buck-boost transformer is typically used when line voltage needs to be increased from 208 to 240 volts. The voltage increase is often used to supply adequate voltage to accommodate the load requirements of specific machines, such as heating, ventilation and air conditioning equipment

Continue Reading
Related Videos

Full Answer

Buck-boost transformers can be used in single-phase and three-phase power supply applications and can also convert the electrical phase from one to the other. This type of transformer is also commonly used to satisfy motor loads, lighting loads and other applications where the nominal electrical supply is above or below 120 volts. Buck-boost transformers are also used to reduce a 240-volt power supply to 208 volts for equipment that can't support the higher voltage.

Learn more about Electrical

Related Questions