What Type of Fillers Should You Use for Asphalt Cracks?


Quick Answer

Use rubberized asphalt emulsion crack filler to fill small cracks in asphalt. For cracks deeper than 2 inches, fill the crack up to the 2-inch mark with crushed gravel and then fill with cold processed asphalt repair compound.

Continue Reading
Related Videos

Full Answer

For small cracks, apply the crack filler using a caulking gun if available or pour the filler carefully into the crack. Use a putty knife to smooth out the surface. For larger cracks, fill with small, crushed, angular gravel until the crack is 2 inches deep. Pour in the cold patch asphalt repair compound, and use a metal tamper to even out the area and pour in again until the crack is filled.

Learn more about Carpentry

Related Questions