To troubleshoot Kenmore Elite HE3 appliance error codes, reference the owner's manual to identify the error code and possible causes. If the error code persists after troubleshooting, a service call by a licensed professional is necessary.
Follow several steps in order to troubleshoot a Kenmore Elite HE3 appliance.
Step 1: Check the power source
Ensure the washing machine is properly plugged in and that the outlet is receiving power.
Step 2: Check the water supply
Ensure the hot and cold faucets are functioning, as they can cause the washer to not fill, wash or rinse.
Step 3: Check the door
The washer cannot start if the door is not shut and latched properly.
Step 4: Check the water inlet and outlet hoses
Ensure both inlet and outlet water hoses are not kinked, frozen or clogged.
Step 5: Check inlet hose screens
Accumulated debris in the water inlet hose screens can clog the hose and stop water from entering the machine.
Step 6: Identify the error code
- F20: The machine has a water inlet problem and is not receiving enough or any water.
- F21: The machine is not draining properly
- SUD: Excessive suds were detected and the Suds routine was activated.
- F22: The door is not locking properly.
- Other "F" codes: Cancel the cycle by pressing Stop twice and restart the machine. If the error code remains, call a repair technician for service.
If issues persist after troubleshooting, a maintenance call is necessary for diagnosis and repair.